May 24, 2022
About the Program
The Criminal Justice degree is designed to provide an understanding of the nature, extent, causes, and consequences of crime as well as the criminal justice system (law enforcement, the courts, and corrections) and other responses to crime, such as victim advocacy. It prepares students for a variety of careers in criminal justice and social services.
- 120 Credit Hours
- Minimum grade of C- required for BHS 10300, ENGL 10400 and 10500, SOC 22000, and all Modern Language courses
- Minimum GPA of 2.0 required for graduation
- Certain courses may only be available at one campus location
PNW General Education Core (30 Credits)
CHESS College Core (36 Credits)
- Modern Language (12 Credits)
- Gender Issues (3 Credits)
- Global Cultures (3 Credits)
- Individual and Society (3 Credits)
- Literature and the Arts (3 Credits)
- Racial and Ethnic Diversity (3 Credits) - SOC 31000 - Racial And Ethnic Diversity
- Social Ethics (3 Credits) - SOC 22000 - Social Problems
- U.S. Traditions (3 Credits)
- Western Heritage (3 Credits)
For courses that meet these requirements, please see the CHESS College Core List .
Major Electives (12 Credits)
Choose four additional courses from:
Other Required Courses (12 Credits)
Free Electives or Minor Requirements (12 Credits)
Total 120 Credits Required
Minimum Grade and Grade Point Average (GPA): Minimum grade of C- required for BHS 10300, ENGL 10400 and 10500, SOC 22000, and all Modern Language courses
Experiential Learning (EL): One EL course required. EL courses are noted by (e) next to the course title.
General Education Core: General Education notations can be found within the course description. Please click on a course to see if it meets a Gen Ed requirement.
Milestone Courses noted by (m) next to the course title have been identified as being critical to your success in this field of study.
Courses that are only offered on one campus will be noted by an (H) for Hammond, or (W) for Westville.
Please see the Additional Information and Guidelines section below for more information.
Additional Information and Guidelines
Note 1: Must complete 4 semesters of the same modern language.
- Modern Language Level I - Choose from SPAN 10100, FR 10100, GER 10100, JPNS 10100, or ASL 10100
- Modern Language Level II - Choose from SPAN 10200, FR 10200, GER 10200, JPNS 10200, or ASL 10200
- Modern Language Level III - Choose from SPAN 20100, FR 20100, GER 20100, JPNS 20100, or ASL 20100
- Modern Language Level IV - Choose from SPAN 20200, FR 20200, GER 20200, JPNS 20200, or ASL 20200.