Minimum Grade and Grade Point Average (GPA): Minimum grade of C required in all Foreign Language courses; 2.0 GPA
Experiential Learning (EL): One EL course required. EL courses are noted by (e) next to the course title.
General Education Core: General Education notations can be found within the course description. Please click on a course to see if it meets a Gen Ed requirement.
Milestone Courses noted by (m) next to the course title have been identified as being critical to your success in this field of study.
Please see the Additional Information and Guidelines section below for more information.
Additional Information and Guidelines
Note 1: SPAN, FR, or ASL; students must complete 4 semesters of the same language.
Note 2: English Writing Concentration Requirements:
Public Writing and Rhetoric – Select 6 courses from the following: (18 credits)
- ENGL 20200 - Engaging English
- ENGL 30500 - Creative Writing as a Profession
- ENGL 34400 - Environmental Ethics, Policy, and Sustainability
- ENGL 42800 - Special Topics in Writing*
- ENGL 43300 - Writing Proposals and Grants
- ENGL 44300 - Intermediate Creative Writing*
- ENGL 47000 - Advanced Topics in Rhetorical Studies*
- ENGL 48000 - Writing Internship
(ENGL 30502 and ENGL 44300 count towards the minor in Creative Writing as a Profession)
Interactive Media - Select 5 courses from the following: (15 credits)
- ENGL 42501 - Writing for New Media
- ENGL 42601 - Writing for Social Media (EXL)
- ENGL 43100 - Web Usability: Writing and Reading on the Web-EXL
- ENGL 43500 - Topics in Writing for Interactive Digital Media*
- ENGL 43700 - Writing for Video Games (EXL)
- ENGL 43800 - Games and Gamification
(Five courses from Interactive Media list will satisfy the Certificate in Writing for Interactive Media for Writing Concentration students.)
*Variable topic, may be repeated for credit
English Electives (6 credits) - Choose 2 courses from any ENGL course at or above the 200-level.
Other Courses (15 credits) - Choose any 5 free electives.
EXL = Experiential Learning
Note 3: All four CHESS Core seminar courses, CHSS 10000, CHSS 20000, CHSS 30000, and CHSS 40000, must be taken. Duplicates are not allowed.