The Sports Health minor is intended for students who are interested in the broad field of Sports Health.
The objectives of this program are:
To provide a great number and wide variety of learning experiences in subject matter (cognitive learning) and practical skills. This objective will be accomplished through structured course work.
To provide the opportunity for students to learn up-to-date concepts, and applications in Sports Health. Thus, all courses reflect current emphasis on matters of interest and concern of elementary, secondary, college, professional, clinical, and industrial settings.
To provide the opportunity for students to become aware of the need for specialties and diversity in Sports Health settings.
Upon completion of the minor program, students will be equipped with the basic knowledge of Sports Health in general and Athletic Training, specifically. The knowledge obtained may be used by students to enhance their academic major and ultimately their career or use the information to continue their education in the field of Sports Health and/or Athletic Training.
This program has been designed to:
- Acquire a background of experience in general education including humanities, sciences, and social sciences.
- Utilize a conceptual framework and specialized skills in the field of Sports Health.
- Integrate an understanding of human development, theories pertaining to sports health, and environmental influences in certain situations.
- Demonstrate personal and professional behavior relevant to the profession.
- Develop an honor value system that is sensitive to the dignity and welfare of the human being.
- Translate professional knowledge, research, and competencies in sports health.